Before Color Confidence, there was Typemaker, a company formed in 1985 by Directors, Geoffrey Clements and Simon Prais, initially to provide services to the then emerging computer-based design and publishing market.
Typemaker grew quickly throughout the late 1980’s and 1990’s, becoming a premier developer of graphic software and colour management solutions for, in particular, the ceramics industry, counting Royal Doulton as a valued customer. A second office was opened in Spain followed by international partnerships in Germany and the USA. Bespoke Typemaker software applications were developed and used by customers in more than twenty countries and an expert technical team grew to offer advice, support and proven colour management expertise to an ever expanding and varied project portfolio.
It was from this hugely successful foundation that in 2002 TypeMaker launched the Color Confidence brand, drawing on these years of experience and in depth knowledge of colour management and image manipulation. Color Confidence was one of the first UK companies to provide a wide range of colour management product solutions, technical advice and training for a rapidly expanding digital imaging market and continues to be so.
Today, Color Confidence stand at the forefront of the European colour management market, providing expert consultancy, education and a market leading product range to a diverse cross section of customers. These include, graphic designers, artists, publishers, repro companies, printers, digital photographers and labs, multi national enterprises and government agencies.
What we do
- Consultancy & Training – Colour management workflow assessments and
bespoke training packages
- Colour Management Tools – Profiling for monitors and printers, including RIPS
- Hardware – Industry leading printers, monitors, calibration solutions and RIPs
- Software – Market leading image editing and workflow software solutions
- Consumables – Professional inkjet media and premium brand inks
Who we do it for
Our dedicated team of technical and colour management specialists have provided consultancy, bespoke training and product to a wide and diverse portfolio of clients, including those in the following sectors:
- Government and Public Sector organisations
- Multinational Enterprises
- Professional and enthusiast photographers
- Graphic designers, artists and publishers
- Print and Repro Houses